Thursday, July 21, 2005

timeless activities

so my birthday is coming up in a little over a week. the big 2-9. i tend for forget how old i am now. not just because i'm getting older, but the late 20s birthdays themselves are unmemorable passages of time. not like when you turn 16 and you can drive and 18 and you can buy smokes or 21 when you can really start to damage your liver. hmm... all of these are potentially dangerous activities, why is that so exciting to us?

well... anyway i'm turning 29 but last weekend, you could have found me and my friend dane taking the screen out of my front window of my room. why? so we could throw eggs at my friends sara and jess as they walked out of my house to go for a run. the perfect crime.

i let fly with an egg, an awkward throw from the angle of the window and where they were walking. the egg BOUNCED off the lawn. Sara picked it up and chucked it right back up at my window, where it doesn't bounce and shatters on the wall just beneath my window.

dane's egg actually broke at their feet, but we found the 3rd egg he threw in the grass when we walked outside. it was intact. either the eggs are incredibly heavy duty, the grass is incredibly springy, or the regular laws of physics do not apply in canada. crazy. talk about a plan backfiring.

but then dane, dan and i played timesplitters 2. the most ridiculous/pointless but most fun video game ever. we bascially shouted for 2 hours. i was laughing so hard, i think i was hung over the next day.

No comments: