Monday, August 08, 2005

mmm... pork rinds

i am a lousy pool player. but give me a beer and some fries, and i am content attempt to try to improve my game. it's summer, and my attic room is stifling hot, but i'm mooching a free wireless connection, cranking my ceiling fan and it's all good.

papers and such loom, but for now i am happy to pretend to have a carefree regular life, for a few hours here and there. spent the weekend camping with some girlfriends, swimming, soaking in the sun, quoting simpsons lines, and reading poetry about love marriage and sex (it was a bachelorette-style camping weekend).

trying to live in the moment and enjoy myself, and also be responsible so i don't jack myself up once school starts.

waiting expectantly for my housemate lara to have her baby. which mean that our house will have a baby and i can inflict free babysitting on them. it seems like an altruistic gesture to give parents time to themselves, but really is selfishly motivated as i love to spend time with babies. the biological clock is ticking and all that stuff.

parents coming this weekend. hoping to welcome them into my world and that we can enjoy our time together, and perhaps grow to understand each other a little better.

august is full of stuff. good things ... weddings, time with friends. because after that the pressure cooker of school starts. wish august would stretch into forever full of long sunlit evenings playing pool, or video games, or four square.

No comments: