Monday, July 28, 2008

sigh

worst case of insomnia in a while. perhaps i took too long of a nap yesterday after church. maybe i shouldn't have sat around and watched so much television and played scrabulous. so there i lay, unable to get comfortable, and watching the room slowly become more illuminated by the dawn. dammit.

i mean, i am finishing up at the church this week. i don't feel overly anxious; i do think it is the right thing to do. and i am happy to continue to be part of this community. it's a place that has started to feel like home. took damn near long enough. seriously.

and i do turn 32 in 2 days. i think it's kind of a cool number.

here's hoping for a few more hours of sleep tonight.

1 comment:

Nathan First said...

Happy birthday, Auds.
I know what you mean: sometimes I don't think I'm nervous about something, but then my body tells me otherwise. Like when I find my body up on our roof, yelling "What the hell! What the hell!" I've learned that usually this means I'm mulling over something in my subconscious.

Anyway, hope you've been sleeping better -- it did sound like the right decision, if probably not an easy one.