Thursday, December 15, 2011

i have been super obsessed with Over the Rhine lately (i'm late to the game, but hey better late than never). saw them live about a month ago and they blew me away. the long surrender, their latest album, is pretty amazing. for this christmas season, i recommend snow angels their second christmas album. and i love that they put this song on there. this is a great prayer.  
New Redemption Song
(Words and Music: Detweiler)
Lord we need a new redemption song
Lord we’ve tried
It just seems to come out wrong
Won’t you help us please
Help us just to sing along
A new redemption song
Lord we need
A new redemption day
All our worries
Keep getting in the way
Won’t you help us please
Help us find the words to pray
To bring redemption day

1 comment:

Courtney and Alec said...

Snow Angel fits my mood this holiday season. My current favorite is White Horse, particularly because I just preached Revelation 19 a couple weeks ago. Now I'll think of you when I listen to it...