Sunday, April 24, 2005

stick a fork in me...

... for i am done. one more semester of international graduate school of christian studies under my belt. i'd just say seminary but my school likes to insist that it is a grad school and more than a seminary. don't ask me why, we just do.

i mailed off my last paper last night from the seven eleven (post offices are parts of established business instead of in their own buildings here), spirited there by my friends (dave was dressed in his pajamas). then we plundered the candy section, i bought myself a celebratory falafel (had skipped dinner while writing furiously) and watched "waking ned devine" and drank wine. slept in today, met up with my friends sara and mollie, we painted the walls (a nice warm earthy red) at jacob's well, a ministry in the Downtown East Side (one of the poorest areas in Canada). manual labor is good after a long semester of thinking hard. went out for burgers and beer afterwards and then sat around visiting with each other. the first 24 hours of my term break have been spent very well. looking forward to another summer in beautiful vancouver.

No comments: