Thursday, August 05, 2004

blog, blog, blog

A new post ... which is funny because I haven't revealed this site to anyone yet. Sort of just spitting into the wind right now, if that metaphor isn't too gross. I'll get my act together soon and then the world will changed by reading my thoughts. Changed, I tell you!
Just spent a few whirlwind days in southern california. I have seen several friends from the full spectrum of eras in my life, from high school to summer camp to college days. It was crazy but wonderful to see everyone, and to revive old jokes and relive old stories. I'm exhausted now, but it was worth the all good laughter over the last 6 days. I'm a lucky person to know so many quality people.
If you ever find yourself in the Ocean Beach 'hood of San Diego and are jonesing for a burrito, I highly recommend Tommy's Tex-Mex on Voltaire street. One of the best burritos I've ever had. My judgement could be skewed because I now live in Vancouver, the black hole of Mexican food, but I don't think so. In fact, I think I have become even more of a Mexican food snob. It's something I crave even more these days because it is not accessible to me. All of us Californian students here whine about this all the time.
I was very happy to go to my friend Jill's wedding and share in this special day for her and Darren. The fact that I got to have burritos and be in California also was icing on the cake.
Now it's back to reality, and the books. If only Tommy's would set up a franchise up here.

No comments: