Monday, October 03, 2005

big weekend

Lots of stuff went down this weekend. Besides the whole crazy shoulder dislocation thing (not my shoulder, either of them) - that was unfortunate and unexpected. What was anticipated and exciting was the fact that my friends rochelle and titus got engaged. that's them there on the left - when i hang out with them all three of us laugh pretty hard and i like that. actually, taking care of hudson in the ER waiting room almost prevented me from placing the scavenger hunt clues rochelle had entrusted me to leave for titus. it all worked out, and now they are engaged. woohoo!

sunday night we had a party for jane. she turned 29. we are all leaving our twenties, bit by bit. which is not to say that we are growing up, because we still like taking pictures like this. yep. sienna has a drinking problem already. but she still manages to look cute here, even after chugging an entire bottle of sleeman's honey brown lager. mmmm... honey brown.

we made prodigious amounts of prodigiously delicious mexican food. again, we california kids really miss the stuff, so we have to make it ourselves. freakin' good enchiladas, 2 kinds of guacamole (my contribution), salsa, topped off with some sangria. all made and consumed with good friends. the secret ingredient is salt. avocado may very well be my favorite vegetable, er fruit. whatever it is, i just like to eat it.

this is the kind of social setting i was talking about in my last post. the actual subject matter being discussed in the photo is best left never spoken of again. besides that, i enjoyed the hell out of myself in a room full of some of my favorite people. great party.

No comments: