Thursday, June 22, 2006

there's no place like home

It’s the first day of summer and I am heading south. Farmland, livestock and leafy trees are on my left. The sunset and salty cold waves of the Pacific are on my right – this is my scenery for the next few days. I will take pictures of myself, eat bad snacks from the "bistro" car and watch cheesy movies (today's feature was "failure to launch" which wasn't so bad, it's the least sarah jessica parker has annoyed me; but considering buying cheap dvds from target), visit with friends, mourn my departure and prepare myself for what is ahead. leaving my home that is not my home anymore to my old home that is not really my home either.

i look back over my shoulder to the north and miss it already. Seasons come and go. And so, with the beginning of this summer, begins a new season of life. No more classes, no more books, no more teachers dirty looks... Uncertainty, possibility, and opportunity lie ahead of me. I feel like an uprooted plant, albeit one that has grown and thrived in the damp and rich Vancouver soil.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grown and thrived, you have. I'm very proud of you Audrey. There's always a bittersweet turn of the seasons. I'm feeling that today too. I'm praying for you and look forward to hearing from you soon,
bw

Katie@The Mommy Miles said...

You will be surely missed. Can't wait for our trip to New York!!!