Saturday, July 15, 2006

kick off your sunday shoes

something guaranteed to make you smile even after you have to start your job search all over again: seeing footloose the musical performed by a bunch of 12-14 year olds. my friend's roomate runs a summer kids theater company and this was their production. i was quite impressed with their production. i mean, they are young enough to even have missed when the 80s was retro cool.

update: when i got home that night, what was on tv? that's right, footloose the movie. best day ever.

3 comments:

Lara said...

I used to LOVE this movie when I was little (7). I recorded the songs I liked from the TV onto a blank tape in our boom box (that's right boom box). One of my favorites:

let's hear it for the boy
come on let's give the boy a haaaaaaand
let's hear it for my baby
you know you gotta understaaaaaaand
maybe he no romeo
but he's my lover, one man show
oooooooooh let's hear it for the boy

audrey said...

you were allowed to watch that at 7? there was adult content in that!
i do agree that it is one awesome soundtrack.

Anonymous said...

hey aud,
courtney just told me that david hasselhoff makes a cameo appearance in that movie....so of course i had to watch the whole movie for the 1098th time. I found him! First diner scene....Lara, check it out! It is pretty much the best movie ever.

jane

miss you!