Monday, October 01, 2007

game help

so i thought of a fun game to play for sunday school next week, and figured that it would be fun to get your input, as most of the readers of this humble blog are theologians of varying degrees. the tentative title is "is that really in the bible?" and am open to a different title.

in any case, the point is to show the kids different quotations and they have to guess if said quote is actually in the bible or not, such as:
"Be merciful to me, O God, for men hotly pursue me" - Yes, psalm 56:1
"Haste makes waste." nope.
"Better to live on a corner of the roof than share a house with a quarrelsome wife." - yes, twice actually - Proverbs 21:9, 25:24

you get the idea. it reminds me of the brothers k when everett would shoot back made-up king james-style quotations back at his mother. so comment away, real or made-up verses alike!

3 comments:

ajt said...

Love it.

How about "ask Jesus into my heart"?

And maybe "I just wanna..." (is that too picky?)

You'll have to blog the whole list once you've got it all...

Anonymous said...

Deut 25.11 and Ez 23.20 are two classics from my days in youth group. They're sure to be crowd pleasers!

Anonymous said...

There is actually a book out about this. I have no idea what it is called though. "God helps those who help themselves" is my fave. I actually got into a fight with a friend of mine who tried to convince me this was in the Bible. Luckily he went on to seminary too and knows way more about the Bible than I ever will