Monday, December 04, 2006

to narnia and the north

killing time in the smallest coffee shop in west seattle, if not the world. waiting for my friends to get home from work.
i'm so tired. i was up late packing and then i was so excited about my trip i couldn't sleep. meanwhile, my brother played video games into the wee hours of the morning. we're a bunch of insomniacs. working on about 4 hours of sleep. i wonder if anyone will notice if i doze off in this chair. considering that the other 3 patrons are within 6 feet of me, i'd say yes.
despite the tiredness, i'm so excited to be here. friends galore!
the grey clouds of seattle don't dampen my spirit. in fact i find this weather comforting, cozy like a old comforter. this is the fall season i know, not the unremitting sunshine of the bay area. now, note that i say i don't like that because i most definitely enjoy the brightness. it's just different.

No comments: