Tuesday, March 03, 2009

faster, higher, stronger

being semi-ill, i've been trying to go to be earlier than i normally do. but the last two nights, i've remembered "oh shoot, i need to write something!" so here i am, risking my health for my lenten promise. no, i do not want a medal.

from my previous ramblings, you know i've been looking for employment. for a while actually, 7 months. i think when i moved back from vancouver i'd been looking for a job for 8 months. so i'm a deliberate person. as i consider the economy, well, that's pretty much a downer. and i realize that i am actually in a wide open place and i could go anywhere and do a lot of different things. my hesitation is in having to build community again. my life was so enriched at regent by the people i shared life with. it had it's challenges but overall, it was an incredible time and wouldn't trade it for anything. and leaving that was hard. really hard. and starting over sucked, even in a familiar environment. let me repeat - it really sucked. it took a long time, and it was hard earned, and i'm not totally ready to give that up quite yet. it's the opposite of what i was thinking a year ago, which was "get me outta here. anywhere. i don't care." it's easier for some people to be nomadic - and certainly my life so far could qualify as nomadic. as danny glover said in lethal weapon: "i'm getting too old for this shit."

No comments: